Notes on the use of rice cookers - Introduction to the maintenance of rice cookers
There are 2 types of rice cookers: one is an insulated automatic rice cooker, which automatically keeps warm when the rice is cooked; The other is a timed automatic rice cooker, which automatically controls the cooking according to the meal time.
The correct way to use it is:
1. The automatic power-off device of the rice cooker is a temperature-sensing magnetic steel switch, and when the rice is cooked, the temperature-sensing magnet at 100 °C loses magnetism and cuts off the power. When the rice in the pot is not cooked into rice, there is water that continues to boil, the temperature will not exceed 100 °C, and the temperature-sensing magnetic steel will not lose magnetism, so it is always energized. According to this principle of automatic power off, we should master the boiling time when we use it (when cooking porridge, soup, dumplings, etc.), and cannot wait for it to automatically power off. Steamed steamed buns can be added to a cup and a half to two cups of water (the rice cooker itself comes with a plastic cup), put in an aluminum steaming board, spread a clean damp cloth, then put the raw steamed buns, cover, power on for about 30 minutes, the water in the pot automatically turns off when the water is dry, simmer for 5 minutes and then turn on the pot, the steamed buns are soft and delicious.
2. If the rice in the pot is kept warm for a long time, the upper layer will dry and hard, as long as a clean gauze is spread on the rice grain before cooking, the dry layer can be avoided. Rice is in the range of 25-40 ° C, and it is advisable for bacteria to multiply and spoil. However, the rice cooker keeps warm at 65±5°C, so it will not deteriorate. However, timed rice cookers, raw rice stored in the cooker for too long in summer will emit a sour taste.
3. The bottom of the inner pot and the surface of the electric heating plate are spherical bodies that coincide with each other, and the two must be in close contact when used to ensure good thermal conductivity, so do not use the inner pot to directly wash rice. When the inner pot is put in, it should be moved left and right to make the inner pot accurate and flat. It cannot be used instead of the inner pot with other aluminum pots, which not only wastes electricity, but also damages the electric heating plate.
Rice cooker power saving common sense
Rice cookers are a major consumer of electricity in household appliances, and if they are not used and maintained properly, they will greatly increase their power consumption. So how to save power?
1. When making rice, it is best to rinse the rice and soak it in clean water for about 15 minutes, and then put it in the pot, which can greatly shorten the cooking time, and the cooked rice is particularly fragrant.
2. Make full use of the waste heat of the electric heating plate. When the rice soup in the rice cooker is boiling, turn off the power switch for 8 to 10 minutes, make full use of the residual heat of the hot plate, and then turn on the electricity. When the red light of the rice cooker is off and the yellow light is on, it means that the rice in the pot is cooked, at this time, you can turn off the power switch and use the residual heat of the electric heating plate to keep warm for about 10 minutes.
3. Do not use the rice cooker as an electric kettle. The same power of rice cooker and electric kettle also boil a warm bottle of boiling water, it only takes 5-6 minutes to use an electric kettle, while the rice cooker takes about 20 minutes.
4. Peak avoidance is the best way to save electricity. For rice cookers of the same power, when the voltage is lower than 10% of its rated value, it is necessary to extend the electricity consumption time by about 12%, and it is best not to use or use less when the electricity consumption peaks.
5. Keep the inner pot and the outer pot clean. If the rice cooker is used for too long and not cleaned in time, it will accumulate a layer of oxide on the bottom and outer surface of the inner pot, and it should be immersed in water and wiped with a coarse cloth until the natural luster of metal is exposed.
6. The bottom of the inner pot should be in optimal contact with the electric heating plate, inner pot and lid. If the inner pot is deformed, that is, concave or convex, it will affect the good contact of the bottom of the inner pot and should be corrected in time